Sarah Eagle ("I,We, Us, Our") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy and any other documents referred to in it, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
You must be 18 or over or 13 and over with a parent's or legal guardian's consent to fill in any forms on our site or give us any of your personal information. If you are not, please let us know immediately.
Information we may collect and process from you
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site at www.saraheagle.co.uk.
- This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services.
- If you sign up for the newsletter we will keep your details until you decide to unsubscribe.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
- Your login details for third-party services, including hosting or domain names.
- FTP details for any hosting not with us
Why that data is being stored
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, our customers, or others.
- This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- IP addresses and cookies
- To access and amend third-party services on your behalf
- To access and amend files on your website
How that data is being stored and how we keep it as secure as we can
- Our site will have an SSL to encrypt data transmission
- If you have contact with us via email, we will keep a record of that correspondence in Gmail. We will log out of Gmail once we have finished.
- If you have contact with us via telephone, we will usually confirm everything in an email and will keep a record of that in Gmail as well.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site will be emailed to us and stored on our server for up to 10 years.
- Your login details for third-party services, including hosting or domain names will be stored in Gmail: they will not be held in files on any computer, laptop or mobile phone.
- FTP information will be stored in Filezilla only. Passwords are encrypted and both softwares are protected by a master password.
- Login details to Gmail and any other site that may be used to access your data are not stored in any browsers or any files. Each one is complex, memorable and unique to that site.
- We will log out of Gmail, Filezilla and websites that access your data every time we finish working
- We use SiteGround hosting, regarded as one of the best in the world.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email or telephone.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We do not share any of your data with anyone else, ever, unless you request it.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time by using the form on our website or clicking the link in the footer of any newsletter.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You can ask for all data stored on our website to be removed and all emails from a specific email address, stored on Gmail to be removed at any time. The only exceptions are contracts and documents necessary to run the business. Legally, all business documents must be stored for 5 years before destroying.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Storing Passwords, Connection and Login Details for your website & your 3rd party ones
This includes passwords and login details stored for your website, FTP or database details or third-party sites like your domain name provider.
- Any login details provided by you for 3rd party sites are stored on Gmail.
I only login to Gmail on password protected devices such as my phone, desktop or netbook, not an uprotected tablet.
- These are not stored on a device or in physical form, only encrypted within FTP software, which is in turn protected by a master password.
- Live database connection files (configuration.php) are not stored locally.
- All master and website passwords are complex, unique to each site I use and are never written down or stored in a browser.
- I use Two Factor Authentication on all Joomla sites that I have Super User access to.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.